Medcare Hospital and Medical Centers is hiring an experienced and passionate Sourcing Manager - Procurement to join our team in Dubai.
The role will report directly to the Head of Procurement. The job holder is responsible for supporting and assisting the Head of Procurement in developing and managing relationships with suppliers (including strategic suppliers) to Medcare Hospitals & Medical Centre’s, and ensures performance meets or exceeds contractual compliance and obligations.
· Apply knowledge and best practices for Procurement services and work with the Head of Procurement to successfully implement the “Procurement Transformation Plan”.
· To continuously and pro-actively manage and reduce spend without compromising quality.
· Agree KPI’s to improve the TAT for the sourcing process.
· Identify savings and/or operational efficiencies by removing unnecessary steps in the Sourcing/Procurement process.
· Develop good working relationships with stakeholders to satisfy requirements and manage expectations – understand problems and recommend and implement solutions quickly.
· Evaluate success – Develop stakeholder satisfaction questionnaires and monitor progress
towards achieving operational improvements
· As a key member of the management team, actively contributes in developing and
implementing the department’s policies and procedures.
· Works with key stakeholders across the Organisation/Group to drive compliance and
· Reviews existing policies and procedures, request feedback from stakeholders and identifies and recommends areas for improvement.
· Maintains a working knowledge of all appropriate internal policies (e.g. code of ethics) or
procedures to ensure that the behavior within the Team/wider Organisation is honest, ethical
Governance & Compliance
· Ensuring internal audits issues relating to the Sourcing process are quickly, accurately and
· Ensuring requisitions and Purchase Orders are processed quickly and accurately, and provide
updates to the Management Team as and when required.
· Complying with all appropriate law, regulations and health & safety requirements.
· Provides monthly updates on Procurement performance to the Head of Procurement.
· Ensuring all requests/deadlines/deliveries are achieved quickly, and reports to the Head of
Procurement if any internal performance issues arise.
· Monitor external supplier delivery performance for key strategic suppliers and resolve problems quickly and efficiently.
Team Management & Personal Development
· Identify training needs and agree personal development plans.
5 Years’ experience in a Purchasing/Sourcing/Procurement environment - Healthcare experience preferred.
The ideal candidate must have a Bachelors’ degree Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain/Logistics/Procurement or similar relevant discipline.
Member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (MCIPS) or similar, or working towards a Procurement certificate qualification - preferred.