Nov 10, 2019
Medcare Hospitals & Medical Centres
Medcare Hospitals & Medical Centers is hiring an experienced and passionate Medical Coder to join our team in Dubai.
- The incumbent performs highly technical and specialized medical coding functions for the Hospital and DHA Authority.
- The employee reviews, analyzes, and codes diagnostic and procedural information that determines almost near without errors.
- The primary function of this is to perform ICD – 10CM, CPT and other coding for patient diseases.
- The coding function is a primary source for data and information used in health care today, and promotes provider/patient continuity, accurate database information, and the ability to optimize Hospital quality standards.
- The coding function also ensures compliance with established coding guidelines, DHA policies, regulation and JCI accreditation guidelines.
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology and medical terminology commensurate with ability to correctly code provider services and diagnoses.
- Candidate assigns to train sequences of ICD – 10 CM/CPT codes to diagnoses and procedures for documented information.
- Assures the final diagnoses and operative procedures as stated by the physician are valid and complete.
- Abstracts all necessary information from health records (MRD FILES) to identify secondary complications and co-morbid conditions.
- Mark all necessary information and assigns codes (ICD – 10CM/CPT) which most accurately describe each documented diagnosis, surgical procedure and special therapy or procedure according to established hospital guidelines.
- To determine the final diagnoses and procedures stated by the physician or other health care provides are valid and complete.
- Check and prepare all Quantitative analysis – Performs a comprehensive review for the record to assure the presence of all component parts such as: patient and record presence of all reports which appear to be indicated by the nature of the treatment rendered before you code.
- Evaluates the record for documentation consistency and adequacy.
- Ensures that the final diagnosis accurately reflects the care and treatment rendered.
- Reviews the medical records for compliance with established guideline (WHO Latest Issues) before you final code.
- Clearly check the documentation in medical files to assure to appropriate Evaluation & assign using the correct CPT code.
Medcare Hospital Dubai
Should be certified with ICD -10.
Experience in an hospital/clinic setup is an advantage.
Should have atleast 3 years of experience
- Completed Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.