Feb 06, 2020
Medcare Hospitals & Medical Centres
Medcare Women and Children Hospital is looking to hire an experienced and passionate Infection Control Nurse to join our hospital in Dubai.
The position incument will be responsible for the effective direction, management and operation of the infection prevention and control/epidemiology department, including education of hospital personnel and consultation with the organization, health departments The responsibilities encompass compliance with Joint Commission (JC) standards, OSHA, DHA and UAE regulations, outbreak investigation, and overall direction of the infection prevention and control program.
- Establishes, implements and administers departmental goals, objectives, policies and procedures; conducts ongoing review of hospital policies, procedures and guidelines to identify infection control discrepancies and implements revisions as necessary.
- Ensures that departmental goals are compatible with, and enhance the hospital and organization's mission, values, and strategic plan.
- Provides information to hospital committees and department managers to formulate changes in the policies, procedures and/or processes which could reduce the spread of infection.
- Interacts with physicians, nurses, department managers, supervisors, and occupational health and other professional/non-professional staff members to provide resource information, resolve infection control problems, and identify new opportunities to improve service and reduce costs.
- Develops and enforces effectual policies and procedures for the department and hospital that ensures compliance with JC, OSHA, DHA and other UAE rules, and regulatory agencies.
- Directs and assists in preparing reports and statistical data for the infection control committee, medical staff committees, medical executive committee and the facility's administration and other committees as needed.
- Develops and coordinates the infection prevention and control program throughout the facility.
- Implements the program by formulating, establishing and evaluating policies and procedures relating to patient care infection control measures throughout the facility. Performs an annual assessment and develops action plans from the prior year activities.
- Makes recommendations regarding construction, renovation, environmental rounds, and assures compliance with national and/or professional standards.
Medcare Women & Children Hospital
2 to 3 years of experience as Infection Control Nurse
DHA License/ Eligibility as Registered Nurse
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing