Feb 17, 2020
Medcare Hospitals & Medical Centres
- BASIC FUNCTIONS
- Key responsibilities in this role include ongoing surveillance, leadership of the Infection Control Committee
- Function under the Infection Control / P&T Committee, and leading organization wide initiatives to minimize the risk of infections to our patients and customers.
- Responsible for overall management of the organization infection control program at Medcare Hospital.
- PRINCIPLE DUTIES:
- Assists with development, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and revision of Infection Prevention and Control Program goals, standards, policies and procedures.
- Coordinates multi-disciplinary and interdepartmental efforts to improve performance of infection prevention/control programs and services.
- Facilitates meeting applicable regulatory requirements through monitoring and reporting infection trends in the acute and ambulatory and other care settings and reporting communicable diseases and supporting laboratory data to the DOHMS as required.
- Participates in coordination of development and review of Infection Prevention and Control Standards of Care Policy and Procedure manuals for assigned areas.
- Together with the Infection Prevention and Control Manager or other managers, acts as liaison and consults with management staff, physicians and other healthcare professionals on Infection Prevention and Control issues and concerns.
- Maintains on-going communications and cooperative relationships with infection control committees and external agencies.
- Participates in epidemiological investigations of significant clusters of infection above established standards and of unusual isolates as directed by the Infection Prevention and Control Manager and/or the Infection Control committee Chair.
- May interacts with Occupational/Employee health to institute and maintain control measures pertaining to health care worker and member infection control issues.
- May supervise and manage the performance of Infection Prevention and control clerical, ancillary staff.
- Assesses the need for, develops and presents Infection control in-service education for functional client departments, general orientation, annual review, and as needed.
- Training of the housekeeping and cafeteria staff in addition to the clinical/non-clinical hospital staff regarding the Infection control.
- New employee infection control orientation and competency checking.
- Handling clinical staff vaccination regimes.
- May function as program manager and coordinator at a medical center without an infection control manager.
- Consistently supports compliance and the Principles of Responsibility (Medcare Hospital Code of Conduct) by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable DOHMS laws and regulations, accreditation and licenser requirements (if applicable), and Medcare Hospital policies and procedures.
Medcare Hospital Sharjah
Five to 10 years progressive nursing health care experience with a minimum of 2 years experience as an Infection control professional in an acute hospital.
Current licensure as a professional registered nurse in country of origin and by DHA
BCS degree or its equivalent required.
Certified in Infection Control (required)