Medcare Hospitals is hiring an experienced and passionate Pharmacist to join our team in Dubai .
The incumbent will be responsible for
- Dispensing medicines as per prescriptions issued by licensed medical practitioners.
- Providing information to the patients regarding the frequency, dosage, effects and side effects of dispensed medications.
- To abide by all ministerial and Department of Health regulations in the procurement, storage and dispensing of medications.
- To maintain periodic inventory of drugs and consumable items, with special reference to Date of expiry.
- Following insurance practices in the dispensing of medicines to insured patients.
JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES
- Assume Ethical, Legal and Professional Responsibilities
- The Pharmacist shall comply with pharmacy law applicable to the practice site, with respect to:
- prescription and record keeping requirements in accordance with federal and provincial legislation.
- Communication Skills
- The Pharmacist shall establish and maintain rapport by using effective communication skills to initiate dialogue through:
- Access, Retrieve and Evaluate Relevant Information
- The Pharmacist shall be capable of identifying appropriate sources of relevant information by naming major sources of information, assessing the appropriateness of these sources and determining the value of these sources.
- Prescription Interpretation and Order Entry
- The Pharmacist shall be able to accurately apply mathematical principles to a variety of tasks required in the preparation and distribution of drugs.
- General Drug Preparation
- In response to medication orders, shall be able to correctly prepare medications.
- Sterile Product Preparation
- The Pharmacist shall demonstrate knowledge of the principles of sterile product preparation, using aseptic techniques in accordance with professional standards.
- Drug Distribution
- Drug Knowledge
- The Pharmacist shall be able to categorize the top 200 drugs into the major therapeutic classifications, distinguish between generic and trade names of drugs, and generally identify accepted drug dosage forms, strengths and routes.
- Medication Handling and Safety
- The Pharmacist shall recognize and interpret the common hazard symbols found on labels of hazardous materials found in their workplace.
- The Pharmacist shall demonstrate knowledge of proper storage of hazardous materials found in their workplace, as well as first aid measures necessary for accidental exposure.
- GENERAL SKILLS KNOWLEDGE
Medication Allergies, Food / Medication Interactions, Med / Med Interactions, Adverse Medication Interactions, Dosage Calculations, IV Medication Administration, Compounding (ie: oral solutions, topicals), Inventory and Stocking, Medication Exchange System, Medication Safety Initiatives, Medication Recall, Monitoring of High Risk Meds, Pharmaceutical Equivalence, Therapeutic Equivalence
Candidate should have 1 to 2 years of experience in Hospital or Retail Pharmacy in Dubai
Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy
DHA Eligibility Letter / License